Beautiful bright blue coffee recipe using Butterfly Pea Flowers.
This blue latte recipe is perfect if you are looking for something soothing or if you want to relax before bed, but it can be also a fun way to try something different with your morning coffee.
The butterfly pea flowers have a unique taste, it’s fresh, floral, mild, and pleasant, with lovely floral notes that you can't get from any other tea. This plant is most common in Southeast Asian countries, but due to its popularity, it can now be found in almost any local health food store or online.
- 6 oz hot water
- 2 tsp dried Butterfly pea flowers
- 1-2 tsp Javy Coffee Concentrate
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 oz Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla syrup
- Ice cubes
- Heat up water in a small pot. Add butterfly pea flower into the water. Steep for 5 minutes. Filter the tea and remove the dried flowers.
- Prepare the coffee in a cup mixing 1-2 tsp Javy Coffee Concentrate with oat milk, using a milk frother until fully you get a whipped coffee cream. Add ice cubes and the whipped coffee on top of the blue tea.
- Beat whipping cream, condensed milk, and vanilla extract, in a separate container, using the milk frother for 30-60 seconds until light and fluffy. Dollop it on top of the blue whipped coffee. Serve immediately and enjoy!