- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Eggnog Latte
- 1-2 tsp. Javy Coffee Concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups Eggnog
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
- In a kitchen blender, add egg yolks, unsweetened almond milk, raw honey, ground nutmeg, and ground cinnamon, and then blend for a minute or so until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a sauce pan or deep pot, add the whole cloves, and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the eggnog for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken and slowly cook the eggs. It will be frothy at first. We want the mixture to get hot, but not simmer or boil. If it gets close to boiling, you can whisk vigorously and temporarily remove from the heat.
- Once the eggnog has thickened, turn off the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer to remove the cloves, then pour into an airtight container and place in the fridge to chill for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- To make the eggnog latte, combine Javy Coffee Concentrstr, the homemade eggnog, and some nutmeg in a blender and blend until frothy. You can also use a sealed mason jar and shake vigorously with your hands or an immersion blender in the pot.
- Transfer to your favorite mug and serve hot, garnished with nutmeg.